On behalf of The Simsbury Farms Men’s Club, the Board of Directors is pleased to announce this 4th Day of August 2018 that Gerry Toner, Director of Simsbury Cultural, Parks and Recreation Department for nearly four decades prior to retirement this year and current club member, is hereby inducted into the SFMC Hall of Fame for his exemplary service to the game of golf at Simsbury Farms.
Following are some highlights of Gerry’s contributions to the Simsbury Farms Golf Course during his 38-year tenure:
- Implemented a complete fairway watering system.
- Added tournament tees on holes 3 & 18.
- Approved all SFMC tournament dates & preferred starting times with shotguns.
- Completed bunker reconstruction project, including new fairway bunkers.
- Increased Simsbury Farms operating budget for golf course improvements.
- Supported CSGA Tournaments & New England Public Links
- Maintained an experienced staff in the Pro Shop & Course Maintenance at Simsbury Farms Golf Course
In recognition of Gerry Toner’s exemplary service to the game of golf, the SFMC Board of Directors welcomes Gerry as the 3rd inductee into The Simsbury Farms Men’s Club Hall of Fame, along with Art McAllister and Don Warner. Gerry’s name will be engraved on the Hall of Fame Plaque that is proudly displayed in the Pro Shop.
SFMC Board of Directors
Officers: Andy Waggoner, President, Greg Werk, Vice President, Steve Hess, Treasurer & Mike Gillis, Secretary
Directors: John Kuzia, Ron Patterson, George Alexander Jr., Bob Primmer & Peter Adamowicz
Directors Emeritus: Reg Zurinskas & Gerry Wetjen