“UP TOP CUP”
- Offer another year-long fair competition to keep members of all skill levels engaged and increase overall participation
- Generate a friendly “buzz” among members
- Reward top 15% of Cup-eligible members for exceptional year-long play
- $20 per entrant – prefer you select this Option on your 2021 Membership Application but no later than May 18th by separate Check Only payable to SFMC — Up-Top Cup. Eligible for future CUP events only (no make-ups).
FINAL WINNERS: (based on participation)
- 15% of entrants, plus any final Ties
- Total Points accumulated over 9 Individual SFMC events
PAYOUTS: (based on participation)
- POOL equals the sum of:
- Entry Fees + 25% SFMC Subsidy + $100 Sponsor Donation
- 90% CASH & 10% Pro Shop Credit
- Awards will range from about $40 to $500 depending on ties
- Points awarded to the top 4 CUP-eligible players in each Flight/Division of nine qualifying SFMC Individual events noted below.
- Total Points per Flight/Division:
- Club Championship — 460 points
- 4 Major Competitions — 400 points
- 4 Other Indv. Events — 300 points
- Each SFMC event uses its normal prescribed format, flights/divisions based on participation and standard payouts in Pro Shop credits.
- UP-TOP CUP points are awarded separately to Cup-eligible players.
- Gross & Net are considered two flights/divisions for CUP points.
- Rainouts, if any, will be rescheduled for later in the season.
EVENTS — 9 CUP-Eligible Events:
- 1 FEATURED – 460 points per Division
- Club Championship
- 4 MAJORS – 400 points per flight/division
- Match Play Classic
- Flight Championships
- Simsbury Open
- Pro Shop Appreciation (Overall long weekend Scores Only)
- 4 OTHER INDV. – 300 points per flight
- Indv. Nassau Flighted
- Indv. Point Quota Flighted
- Indv. Best 16 (8 Front & 8 Back) Flighted
- Indv. Gross/Net Flighted
POINT ALLOCATION per flight/div: (Ties share equally)
460 400 300
Finish Club C. Majors Others
1st 200 175 130
2nd 140 125 90
3rd 60 50 40
4th 60 50 40
- All SFMC Event Participants: CUP-eligible members and ineligible players (members not signed up for the CUP and non-members).
- If an ineligible player(s) places 1-4 in their respective flight/division, those points are allocated to the next CUP-eligible player(s).
OTHER 300 Points — Indv Nassau has four flights, with gross & net within each. This means 2400 points ((4flights x 2divisions = 8) x 300 points) are available to 8 flights/divisions and 32 CUP-eligible players.
- 130 pts
- 90 pts
- 40 pts
- 40 pts
FEATURED 460 Points — Club Championship has two divisions only. This means 920 points (2 x 460 points) are available between Gross Blue division and Net White division, with 8 CUP-eligible players. Should a non-Cup player finish in the top 4 places, then the lowest 36-Hole qualifier(s) would be awarded Cup points.
- 200 pts
- 140 pts
- 60 pts
- 60 pts
MAJOR 400 Points — Flight Championship could have 6+ divisions. This means 2400 points (6 x 400 points) are available between 24 CUP-eligible players. Should a non-Cup player finish in the top 4 places, then the next best overall record in the Loser’s bracket would be awarded points.
- 175 pts Undefeated Winner
- 125 pts Runner Up
- 50 pts Winner of the Loser’s Bracket
- 50 pts Runner Up